As a serial dieter, I have learned how to create a healthier diet - despite my hate for cooking. My first book in the Diet Isn't a Dirty Word series is about how I began the journey and which recipes make substituting easy at first.
Get your copy on Amazon Kindle through this link.
Career Coaching at Built by Books
As an avid reader, I use the wisdom of the best-selling non-fiction books to help women reach the next level in their careers through personal branding and career planning.
As a contributor, I learn more about room or home designs and write stories about them for Houzz.
- Hand-Painted Walls Set This Dining Room Apart
- Lovely Laundry Room Invites You to Stay Awhile
- Children's Bathroom Gets Rustic-Chic Makeover
- A Master Bathroom Gets the Spa Treatment
- Hanging Beds Add Fun to a Family's Bonus Room
- Subtle Patterns Pull Together a Master Bedroom
- A Coastal Bedroom to Relax or Work In
- Storage Space Turned Classy Dressing Room
- Craftsman-Style Mater Bath with a View
- Black, White and Wood Decor for 2 Bathrooms
- Stylish Craft Room Creates a New Order
- Craftsman-Style Bathroom with a View
- They Entertain the Day Away in Their Updated Kitchen
- Contemporary Master Bath Brings the Caribbean to California
huffington post contributor
As a Huffington Post contributor, I publish articles that bring unfamiliar topics to light.
Friends and family follow along as we travel the world on the Traveling Newbies blog.
Create photographs for your business, mailings, professional social media pages and personal use.
Learn more on my photography page.
- Nine Spots in Kansas You Don't Want to Miss on The Coastie Couple
- What Tutoring English Has Taught Me About Croatian Culture on a Bite of Culture
- Why My Heart Breaks on Share More Stories
- Why I Cried When I Turned 29 on Share More Stories
- 5 Ways to Deal with Pregnancy Loss on Life Goals Mag
- Plan Your Group Photo on Organizing Photos
Logos and promotional material
Senior Honors Thesis
During my senior year of college, I worked on a Communication Studies honors thesis that dove deeper into Communications Studies. Below you will read see the product of a year's worth of research, writing and presenting, called "Jersey Shore and Its Influence on Communication." The research and presentation won 1st Place at the Honors Thesis Symposium in 2011 at the University of Kansas.
Student Success orientation video
Marketing student services to first-year students. I co-wrote the script, developed the character images, voiced Sarah and assisted in editing.
The video was shown to all orientation classes throughout the summer of 2011.
communications manual for a non-profit
Last Fall, I was encouraged to join Catchafire.org and volunteer after reading Arianna Huffington's book Thrive. On Catchafire, you can look for volunteer opportunities at non-profits, sometimes saving them thousands of dollars. I created a profile and was matched as a public speaking coach for a wonderful group. I created the Communications Manual below to help them engage with donors and grant selection committees.
In college, many of my Journalism courses had class projects that produced articles, videos and campaigns. See some of that work here! One way I can improve my skills now is to go back and rework past projects.